All of Wiltshire’s household recycling centres (HRCs), bar Stanton St Quintin, will reopen on Monday 18 May with an easy to use postcode entry system to help limit the number of people on-site at any time and ensure social distancing.
Stanton St Quintin HRC will remain closed because parking spaces on-site have been significantly reduced and because of the already difficult traffic management issues at the site. This will be kept under review and in the meantime, people should use the Purton, Melksham or Lower Compton sites.
People should only visit HRCs on the days that correspond to the first part of their postcode. For example, if your postcode starts in BA12, you can only visit the sites on Monday 18 May, Wednesday 20 May etc – see table below.
You can visit any Wiltshire site you choose, so while you are limited by the days you can attend, you can attend any Wiltshire household recycling centre on these days – though please be sure to check the latest opening times before you set off, as many sites will need to operate very differently to previous arrangements. You may be asked to provide proof of address in order to use the household recycling centre, so please bring it with you.
To keep staff and residents safe, there are a significant number of changes in place to ensure social distancing can be maintained at all HRCs, including:
- Visitors must keep at least two metres from others at all times.
- One person per car.
- No entry for trailers or large vans over 3.5 tonnes.
- Vehicles allowed on-site on a ‘one in, one out’ basis.
- No pedestrian access.
- HRCs cannot accept soil, rubble, plasterboard, textiles or asbestos during this initial reopening phase.
- Don’t bring recyclable materials that can be collected through the council’s kerbside recycling collection service.
- See attached file for Post Code dates
Total Attachments: 1